Which Windows Version / Build Do I Use?
My series on Microsoft Windows 10 starts with an article about windows 10 builds. When designing an VDI environment these days you need to decide whether to use Microsoft Windows 7, 8.x or 10. This is hard as the customer wants a new version to make sure they are ready for the future. you as a consultant want to use a proven one.
Since Microsoft released Windows 10 they vowed to never release a new Windows version again. This might sound like a great promise but in reality we notice that under the hood things change quiet a lot. The premise of never releasing another Windows version is causing more trouble that it should be. When you change that much of the working under the hood you have created a new Windows version. Other vendors, that deliver services on top of Windows 10, are working hard to support all the changes.
This series consists of a couple of articles
- Microsoft Windows builds, versions, you are reading it.
- Creating the virtual machine – Click here,
- Installing Windows 10 – Click here.
- Tuning Windows services and scheduled tasks – Click here.
- Deploying the golden image (coming soon…. )
- Resource usage of Windows 10 in a VDI environment – Click here
Read the entire article here, Which version/build do I use
via Rob Beekmans.net