Webinar: Dealing with ITIL”s Catch-22 for Service Performance: Where Simplicity and Complexity Meet
On the one hand, defining services is about deliberately abstracting the operational aspects of delivering IT services. Cloud computing, from the business” perspective, is simple!
On the other hand, cloud environments establish operating models that require decomposing extremely complex, virtual service infrastructures.
So IT organizations get thrown into a seemingly endless series of death-march projects that seem virtually impossible to complete. Adopting IT service management is part of the solution — and part of the problem.
Having already captured substantial value from process-based improvements through increasing process maturity in areas such as Incident, Problem and Change Management can result in diminishing returns. Attempts at creating Configuration Management Data Bases (CMDBs) often result in static configuration data and processes that just cannot keep pace with today”s virtual environments. Service Level Management suffers from an inability to monitor end-to-end services based on complex, virtual technologies. Continued process improvement efforts can actually turn IT staff against the very improvement programs they need to survive in the new world!
This complimentary webinar from Third Sky and eG Innovations will address this ”catch-22” head on, right where simplicity and complexity meet. Learn how to create improvement initiatives based on end-to-end services and achieve true IT Service Management, i.e. managing services instead of just processes or components.
This webinar will cover secrets such as:
- How to reduce operations costs through proactive operations management
- How to realize the benefits of Configuration Management without the traditional massive investment in a CMDB/CMS
- How to be proactive about Availability without formal Availability Management
- How to get insight into Capacity without formal Capacity Management
- How to achieve end-to-end Service Level Management
- How to map end-to-end IT Services to complex, virtual service infrastructures
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT