WANTED – Senior Network Analyst
Since its founding in 1919, The Methodist Hospital, The Methodist Hospital System’s anchor facility, has earned worldwide recognition. The Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation’s leading centers for medical education and research. Methodist is also affiliated with The Menninger Clinic, a national specialty psychiatric and behavioral hospital, ranked as one of ‘America’s Best Hospitals.’ The Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1250 licensed beds, 52 operating rooms and over 5000 employees, The Methodist Hospital offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Works independently on medium-large projects of moderate-highly complexity/risk. For these projects and under light supervision, is responsible for routine installation, testing, analysis, and support of microcomputer servers (including power, machinery, operating system & application software, lines, remote keyboard video mouse, and server class network switches) ensuring stable server performance. Monitors and controls performance and health of the server resources. Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting server performance. Possesses and applies expert knowledge related to microcomputer server technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Programming or similar field or two year technical degree. Equivalent combination of experience and education.
5-7 years of experience supporting a Windows Active Directory Environment. Experience with supporting a large Citrix environment; with moderate project management skills. Healthcare experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
MCSE or CCEA Recommended.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Broad problem solving skills.
2. Expert analysis and design skills, communication and documentation, strong customer service skills.
3. Advanced experience and broad application with Network Operating Systems, OS administration, and data center hardware architecture.
4. Expert experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, and WINS.
5. Experience with TCP/IP protocol.
6. Advanced client server/browser-based application knowledge.
7. Advanced experience with Fiber network, SAN, and NAS technology.
8. Advanced experience with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 and Web Interface in a large scale Citrix environment.
The Methodist Hospital
Human Resources – Senior Recruiter