VMware VSAN Assessment: What’s New
The VSAN Assessment is a free SaaS based tool which gives you a comprehensive analysis of your vSphere environment and highlights the value of VSAN if implemented. With the VSAN Assessment you can:
- Identify which VMs are a suitable candidate for VSAN – All Flash or Hybrid
- View Sizing and Hardware recommendations (# of servers, SSD)
- View estimated storage CAPEX and OPEX savings
- Perform detailed TCO/Sizing by integration with TCO/Sizing tool
With the tool being live for over a year, we recognized an opportunity to enhance certain areas, namely:
- Semi-offline mode: For customers concerned about sending any data to the cloud or have limited or no internet access
- All Flash: Incorporating TCO benefits (storage efficiency) in recommending All Flash in addition to workload trace analysis
Semi Offline Mode for running VSAN Assessment
Picture this: You are a customer who is interested in running a VSAN Assessment for your workloads. However, you are either reluctant to send data to the cloud or your workloads run in an area with limited or no internet access. In either scenario, having data sent from your workloads automatically to the cloud, which is the current mechanism, is not feasible. This is where the semi-offline mode comes in.
Read the entire article here, VSAN Assessment: What’s New
via the fine folks at VMware!