VMware – Upgrade Issues? Not with VIO!
An OpenStack cloud upgrade can be a challenging task for administrators as they manage numerous considerations:
- How do I upgrade each service’s components while mitigating user impact?
- Can I skip one or more OpenStack releases during my upgrade, or must I upgrade to every single release between my current implementation and the latest community release?
- Which control plane services are implemented in the OpenStack deployment and need to be upgraded?
- How does each OpenStack service’s high availability configuration alter my upgrade process?
- What is my change control window and will any required service outages remain within required service level agreements (SLA)?
At each OpenStack Summit, there are multiple sessions that discuss these topics, and the Austin Summit was no exception with VMware participating in an upgrade experts’ panel.
The following video contains a replay of the OpenStack Expert Panel that we participated in:
Read the entire article here, Upgrade Issues? Not with VIO!
via the fine folks at VMware!