VMware: Scaling 2-node VSAN (ROBO) to a 3-node or more
We recently had a question from our field staff on behalf of a customer who is considering a 2-node VSAN (remote office/branch office) deployment. The query was regarding scale out of the VSAN deployment, should they reach resource limits on the 2-node implementation. We gave this some consideration, and the following were the sequence of events we thought an administrator may have to run through.
The assumption is that the current 2-node setup is in production with a witness appliance.
- Decommission 2-node setup to remove witness appliance
- Delete witness disk group from witness host
- Remove witness host from VSAN cluster
- Remove fault domains associated with the 2-node VSAN cluster
- This leaves you with a 2 node VSAN cluster with 2 copies of the data and no witness components.
- This also leaves the…
Read the entire article here, Scaling 2-node VSAN (ROBO) to a 3-node or more
via the fine folks at VMware!