VMware Releases Workstation 12.5 Pro and Player for Download!
The Workstation team is proud to announce general availability of VMware Workstation 12.5 Pro and VMware Workstation 12.5 Player! These updates are free for all VMware Workstation 12 Pro and Workstation 12 Player users.
Users on Workstation 7 and greater are now eligible for upgrade pricing!
Current customers can grab the bits from below, or from our in-app upgrade feature:
Workstation Pro – http://vmware.com/go/getworkstation
Workstation Player – http://vmware.com/go/getplayer
Workstation Player works best for businesses when paired with Horizon FLEX. Did you know you can manage a whole fleet of user’s local virtual machines from a single management console?
This release supports the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Edition from Microsoft, and is ready to support Windows Server 2016 upon its release.
This release also includes numerous bug fixes, security updates and performance improvements, including:
- A Linux host with kernel 4.6 fails to launch Workstation because the vmmon and vmnet drivers are not built successfully. This issue is resolved.
- If you configure Revert to snapshot when a VM is powered off from Options-> Snapshots, the VM actually reverts to a snapshot when suspended. This issue is resolved.
- On Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview host, help links do not appear. This issue is resolved.
- Workstation menu View->Fit Guest Now does not work for Windows Vista guest with VMware Tools installed. This issue is resolved.
- If your Windows host has an NVDIA GPU, you might hit the VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (svga) when running a 3D application in the guest. This issue is resolved.
- VMware Workstation Pro resolves an issue where you cannot boot virtual machine on a 64-bit Braswell N3150 processor and the following error appears:
- MONITOR PANIC: vcpu-0:VERIFY vmcore/vmm/main/cpuid.c:376 bugNr=1036521.
- The guest OS uses the full amount of memory allocated to the virtual machine even if you try to limit the amount of memory used by the guest OS through the BCDEdit ‘truncatememory’ option. This issue is resolved.
Read the entire article here, Workstation 12.5 Pro and Player now available!
via the fine folks at VMware!