VMware: New Quick-Start Guide for Deploying RDS Hosted Applications with VMware Horizon 7
VMware End-User-Computing Technical Marketing is happy to announce the publication of a new quick-start guide, Publishing Applications with VMware Horizon 7. At just over 50 pages, this guide is full of screenshots that cover the process from start to finish—from installing and setting up the Horizon 7 RDSH servers to launching published Windows apps and monitoring live RDSH application sessions.
When you deploy VMware Horizon 7, you will find that you can now do more than ever with your RDS Hosted Applications. You have a wealth of remote-experience features:
- Support for use cases such as graphics-intensive 3D applications with NVIDIA GRID vGPU and Unified Communications with Microsoft Lync 2013
- Quick and easy access for your users to their files from RDS-hosted applications, with file-type association and client-drive redirection
- Support for the most commonly used peripherals, including printers, scanners, other imaging devices, smart cards, and USB storage devices
- HTML Access Web client
- Profile management with VMware User Environment Manager
- Advanced app publishing options with VMware App Volumes, so that applications can be delivered, updated, and retired in real time, without taking the RDSH server out of service
After completing the steps in this guide, you will have a basic Horizon 7 environment with several published applications. The following diagram summarizes the steps involved.
Read the entire article here, New Quick-Start Guide for Deploying RDS Hosted Applications with VMware Horizon 7 – VMware End-User Computing Blog
via the fine folks at VMware!