VMware Looks Back at VMworld 2016 Europe!
Another year, another VMworld – and what an event this year’s Europe show was!
A few things were announced during VMworld, including the latest versions of vSphere, vSAN, Site Recovery Manager, and Virtual Volumes. Take a look below at each product announced, as well as some of the key updates:
VMworld 2016 Europe saw the announcement of vSphere 6.5, the latest version of VMware’s industry-leading virtualization platform. This latest release features a dramatically simplified experience, comprehensive built-in security, and a universal app platform for running any app.
A look at what’s new:
- Scale Enhancements
- New configuration maximums to support even the largest app environments
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- The single control center and core building block for vSphere
- vCenter Server High Availability
- Native vCenter Server high availability solution
- vCenter Server Backup and Restore
- Native vCenter Server Backup and Restore
- vCenter Server Appliance Tool
- Single step migration and upgrade of existing vCenter Server to vCenter Server Appliance
- REST APIs
- Simple, modern developer-friendly APIs
- vSphere Client
- HTML5-based GUI that ensures fast performance and cross-platform compatibility
- Policy-driven security that makes securing infrastructure operationally simple
- VM-level encryption protects unauthorized data access both at-rest and in-motion
- Audit-quality logging
- Enhanced logging that provides forensic information about user actions
Plus much more – read more in-depth about vSphere 6.5 here.
Read the entire article here, Looking Back at VMworld 2016 Europe!
via the fine folks at VMware!