VMware Helps Service Providers Accelerate Production Deployment of Network Functions Virtualization With Growing Portfolio of VMware Ready Solutions
VMware’s Open Ecosystem Welcomes New VMware Ready for NFV Certified Solutions Supporting Major NFV Use Cases From Brocade, Check Point, Infoblox, Mitel and Netrounds
VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced new VMware Ready™ for NFV certified solutions, further demonstrating its ongoing commitment to supporting communications service providers (CSPs) in the adoption and production deployment of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). These new certified solutions from Brocade, Check Point, Infoblox, Mitel and Netrounds support virtualized mobile infrastructure and SD-WAN.
The complete list of VMware Ready for NFV certified solutions is available on the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX). VMware Ready for NFV allows partners to certify their virtual network functions (VNFs) for interoperability with two fundamental VMware NFV components: NFV Infrastructure (NFVI) and a Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (VIM). The VMware Ready certification provides CSPs with the confidence that VMware partner VNF solutions will seamlessly and effectively deploy, run, and interoperate with VMware vCloud NFV. The VMware Ready program designates VMware’s highest level of endorsement for products and solutions created by our established partners, and accreditation builds customer confidence and accelerates further opportunities for collaboration as leaders in the cloud.
- Brocade vRouter: The Brocade® vRouter enables CSPs to deploy comprehensive high-performance, resource-optimized and secure NFV solutions. Utilizing a next generation data plane, the Brocade vRouter provides virtual network services that operators can deploy with massive scale performance on commodity services. These services include advanced routing, secure user and site connectivity, traffic management and inspection, and network address translation. With the Brocade vRouter, CSPs can deliver end-to-end network services with greater efficiency, higher performance and reduced cost. The Brocade Virtual Evolved Packet Core previously achieved VMware Ready for NFV certification.
- Check Point vSEC : The Check Point vSEC Cloud Security portfolio delivers comprehensive threat prevention for NFV to securely enable applications and service delivery across dynamic virtualized environments. Check Point’s latest R80 Management platform brings sophisticated automation and advanced orchestration capabilities to help organizations effectively manage security across both on-premises and off-premises environments — all from a single unified console.
- Infoblox DDI : Infoblox provides an integrated and centrally managed approach to delivering carrier-grade DDI (DNS, DHCP and IP address management). Using the patented Infoblox Grid™ technology to enable high availability DDI services throughout a distributed network, Infoblox DDI makes it easier for customers to achieve the highest standards for security, service uptime, and operational efficiencies. Read theInfoblox press release here.
- Mitel (vSBC): Mitel’s Session Border Controller provides a software-based, virtualized and commercially proven solution optimized for today’s diverse services. Mitel’s SBC supports flexible network design and operating models, and contemporary cloud and NFV/SDN architectures; wireless functionality (VoLTE) and traffic models; rich and sophisticated services such as high definition voice, chat, IM, presence, messaging, file-share, and VoWiFi; and signaling-heavy advanced services. Mitel’s evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG) was previously certified.
- Netrounds Virtual Test Agents (VTAs): Netrounds active VTAs may be launched as VNF appliances and used to integrate and automate service activation testing, quality monitoring and remote troubleshooting for the full service lifecycle as part of the NFV service orchestration. Netrounds’ automation capabilities enable CSPs to reduce manual efforts required for network testing and service assurance, significantly decreasing operational costs and eliminating capital expenditures associated with using traditional test and measurement hardware.
“2016 is a year where NFV deployment is moving from proof of concept to deployment, and communication service providers are looking for tested solutions from partners to instill confidence as they move through this massive industry transition,” said Gabriele Di Piazza, vice president of solutions, Telco NFV Group at VMware. “Interoperability between the NFV infrastructure, the virtual network function and the virtual infrastructure manager systems layers cannot be a barrier to deployment. We are taking a leadership position with our VMware Ready for NFV program, and collaborating with our open ecosystem of NFV partners, to validate that VNFs interoperate with our virtualized infrastructure to meet the expectations of mutual customers.”
VMware vCloud NFV brings together the core virtualization and management components required to accelerate NFV deployment. VMware vCloud NFV enables CSPs to deploy a unified, multi-vendor and multi-function NFV platform that supports any application at all stages of cloud evolution. The platform enables IT, Network and Operations departments to leverage existing skills and operational experience with VMware virtualization, providing a faster and smoother implementation and ongoing management of telco clouds.
- Learn more about the VMware vCloud NFV Platform
- Catch up with VMware on TelecomTV
- Read the VMware Telco NFV Blog
- Connect with VMware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware’s industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion,VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online atwww.vmware.com.