VMware Announces vSphere 6
Today, VMware announces vSphere 6, the latest release of the industry-leading virtualization platform, and the first major release of the flagship product in more than three years (read the press release). vSphere 6 is packed with 650-plus new features and innovations that will empower users to virtualize applications with confidence by delivering increased scale and performance, breakthrough availability, storage efficiencies for virtual machines (VMs), and simplified management for the virtual data center. vSphere 6 is purpose-built for both scale-up and scale-out applications including newer cloud, mobile, social and big data applications. Following is a sample of the new features:
Scale and Performance
- Configuration maximums are increased across the board with many areas experiencing 2X, 3X or even 4X scale improvements.
- Superior 2D and 3D graphics for your VMs with NVIDIA GRID vGPU (read the press release).
- Instant Clone technology lays the foundation to rapidly clone and provisions VMs up to 10x faster than what is possible today.
Breakthrough Industry-First Availability
- vMotion enhancements that span the boundaries of virtual switches and vCenter Servers and over long distances with up to 100ms round trip time.
- Fault Tolerance for larger virtual machines with support for up to 4-vCPUs.
To learn more and to read the entire article at its source, please refer to the following page, Announcing vSphere 6: Virtualize Applications with Confidence- VMware Blogs