VKernel Optimization Pack for VMware Beta
VKernel just released the base version of their Optimization Pack solution for VMware environments for download!!!
- Wastefinder – quickly finds where resource capacity is being wasted in the virtual infrastructure. By identifying zombie VMs, expired snapshots, and other wasteful consumers, users can reclaim expensive capacity to optimize virtual environment and achieve a better, faster ROI.
- Frees up wasted storage, memory and CPU resources
- Offers remediation recommendations to reclaim expensive resources
- Saves significant cost and delays additional, expensive hardware and software purchases
- VM Rightsizer – a simple tool for tuning your VMs with the right amount of resources to drive maximum VM densities without impacting performance. Rightsizer is unique in its ability to make recommendations and automatically implement changes to optimally configure VMs.
- Adjusts virtual resources based on historical, peak and average utilization
- Increases VM density and reduces cost per VM
- Provides simple ‘click button’ right-sizing
- Inventory – automatically collects important information about all VMs in the virtual infrastructure and creates a dynamic, detailed, and searchable inventory report showing VM name, created by and when, resource allocations, and much more.
- Monitors VM deployment by source to manage sprawl
- Finds unnecessary VMs to free up needed resources
- Generates management, compliance, and resource justification reports
- Auto synchronizes with VMware vCenter and is completely VMotion, DRS, and HA aware