Virtualization Compliance and Security Solution Podcast with Tripwire – Episode 63
In episode 63, Douglas Brown interviews Dwayne Melancon, VP of Corporate and Business Development for Tripwire, Inc. In this podcast Doug and Dwayne discuss Tripwire’s compliance and security solution for VMware virtualization environments called Tripwire Enterprise 7.5V. Dwayne and Doug will also discuss how Tripwire’s solutions works, what it takes to deploy / maintain, and they will discuss the free Tripwire ConfigCheck for VMware ESX utility.
About Tripwire Enterprise 7.5V
Designed explicitly to give visibility into the security and compliance of virtual IT systems, Tripwire Enterprise 7.5V allows IT to manage systems to internal and external policies – across the heterogeneous data center – from a single point of control. The constantly growing number of mission-critical applications running in virtual environments necessitates proper configuration for security, compliance and optimal performance. Tripwire Enterprise 7.5V helps IT maintain this ideal state through:
• Identify and mitigate virtual sprawl. With Tripwire Enterprise 7.5V, enterprises have an early warning system to potential virtual sprawl, with alerts when virtual infrastructure is added or deleted, to take appropriate action and contain unauthorized virtual machine provisioning, automatic monitoring of enabled virtual infrastructure, and auto discovery of unmonitored virtual objects.
• Deep integration with VMware vCenter products that allows Tripwire Enterprise to automatically discover all elements within the virtual environment.
• New configuration assessment policies designed specifically to assess and validate configurations within VMware virtualized environments, including VMware ESX DISA STIG; the VMware ESX 3.5 Hardening Guide V2; CIS; and PCI.
• Continuous control of virtual infrastructure objects. Tripwire Enterprise builds on its flagship heritage, automatically detecting unauthorized, non-compliant change to virtual infrastructure objects, immediately alerting IT staff to exceptions to change and configuration management policies for immediate investigation.
• Remediation Advice for every change that violates a policy. Tripwire provides detailed remediation guidance, allowing enterprises to quickly return any system to a known, compliant state.
For more information please visit: http://www.tripwire.com
About Dwayne Melancon
Dwayne Melancon, CISA, is VP of Corporate and Business Development for Tripwire, Inc. Mr. Melancon has worked with the IT Process Institute on its research of best practices as well as with numerous corporations around the world on IT service management improvement. Previously, Mr. Melancon was VP of Professional Services and Customer Support and VP of Marketing for Tripwire, and VP of Operations for DirectWeb. He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA,) ITIL Foundation Certified and a member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), and the IT Service Management Forum (ITSMF).