Virtualization / Cloud Management Discussion with Andi Mann from CA – August 23, 2010 – Episode 135
In Episode 135, Douglas Brown interviews Andi Mann, Vice President, Product Marketing, Virtualization and Service Automation Business Unit at CA, Inc. Andi and Doug discuss the virtualization and cloud computing world today, the Evolution from virtualization to cloud, Virtualization from data center to desktop, Heterogeneous virtualization, and much more. Andi also talks a bit about what CA Technologies is doing now to help with these challenges.
Andi and Doug discuss the following areas:
- Evolution from virtualization to cloud – how to get there, what to do.
- Virtualization from data center to desktop – commonalities and differences, pros and cons
- VM sprawl to VM stall – where we are with both and how to avoid or overcome them
- Importance of management in successful virtualization strategies
- Heterogeneous virtualization – VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, Oracle, Sun. When, why, & how do you deal with it.
- Skills and resourcing – still a big problem, and how should enterprises cope
- What is CA Technologies doing now to help with these challenges, and where are they going
- New levels of speed and flexibility – and business competitiveness
- Anytime, anywhere application delivery
- Exceptional manageability, service assurance, and security
- Significantly lower cost and compelling ROI