Veeam v9 is HERE!
I am happy to announce that Veeam Availability Suite v9 is now generally available (GA) and ready for download! This latest version is packed with so many new features that it’s difficult to talk about them all on this blog, but I highly recommend you check out the What’s New in Veeam Backup & Replication v9 document because it’s packed with details about all the new things we’ve up into v9 (read also What’s New in Veeam ONE v9).
If you’re just catching up, here are the blog posts we published about many of the major features in v9:
- Integration with EMC Storage Snapshots coming in Veeam Availability Suite v9
- NEW Veeam Cloud Connect Replication coming in v9
- Veeam Availability Suite v9, how many Storage Enhancements!
- Announcing Veeam Explorer for Oracle AND enhancements to existing Explorers!
- Enterprise Enhancements in v9: ROBO and Tape
- HP StoreOnce Catalyst integration coming in v9!
- Backup Storage Integration coming in Veeam Availability Suite v9
- Introducing Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository, coming in Veeam Availability Suite v9!
While v9 is packed with new features, two major ones that really stand out for me: One is Veeam Cloud Connect Replication and the other is Scale-out Backup Repository. Either one of these features would have been reason enough for a major release, but when you consider the amount of effort that has gone into just these two features, I’m amazed our developers were able to pull it off.
Veeam Cloud Connect Replication is going to open up DRaaS to entirely new markets where it wasn’t feasible before. Not only is this wonderful for Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) partners who take advantage of the opportunity by offering new, valuable services, but it’s also great for our customers, especially those that only have a single sight and want true disaster recovery. With the capability to fail over the entire site or just a sub-set of VMs, Veeam Cloud Connect Replication covers multiple disaster scenarios. We’re confident this is going to redefine the DRaaS industry in the years to come.
Red the entire article here, v9 is HERE!