Veeam Software Reports Continued Dramatic Growth in Second Quarter of 2011
Veeam Software, innovative provider of VMware data protection, disaster recovery and VMware management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, continued to experience outstanding growth in every area of its business during the second quarter of 2011, and exceeded quota metrics worldwide. Total bookings revenue grew 119 percent in Q2 of 2011 over the same period in 2010, and new license bookings revenue increased 114 percent over that same period. Year to date in 2011 total bookings revenue grew 125 percent over the same period in 2010, and new license bookings revenue increased 118 percent over that same period. Veeam continued its momentum into Q2 with the announcement that Veeam Backup & Replication™, the leading data protection solution for virtual environments, will add support for Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
“The exceptional growth we continue to achieve is the result of listening to our partners and customers and delivering innovative solutions that are relevant in today’s market,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “Multi-hypervisor environments are rapidly becoming the norm. The addition of Hyper-V support to Veeam Backup & Replication will give organizations a complete solution for virtualization-based data protection and disaster recovery.”
Highlights of Veeam’s progress include:
- Product milestone: Veeam will add support for Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server to Veeam Backup & Replication v6, expected to be available in Q4. By extending support to Hyper-V, Veeam will provide:
- 2-in-1 backup and replication to deliver near-continuous data protection with the best possible recovery time and recovery point objectives
- Changed block tracking to enable fast, frequent and efficient backup and replication of all virtual machines (VMs)
- Built-in deduplication and compression to minimize consumption of network bandwidth and backup storage
- Customers: More than 25,000 customers now use Veeam’s award-winning Backup & Replication to protect their mission-critical VMs. The total number of worldwide customers (for all products) now exceeds 30,000.
- Honors: Veeam customer, the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, was named a Laureate in the Computerworld Honors Program for using Veeam and virtualization technology to help promote and advance public welfare.
- Professional growth: Several Veeam professionals were recognized as VMware vExperts. These include:
- Henk Arts – Sr. Sales Engineer, NEMEA
- Chris Dearden – Solutions Architect, NEMEA
- Ricky El-Qasem – Director, Global Education Services
- Doug Hazelman – Sr. Director, Product Strategy
- Rick Vanover – Product Strategy Specialist
- Customer win: Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) chose Veeam to replace its previous virtualization backup and replication solutions with Veeam Backup & Replication. Fermilab is a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory specializing in high-energy particle physics.
About Veeam Software
Veeam Software, an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere®. Veeam vPower™ provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection™ and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication™, the #1 virtualization backup solution. Veeam ONE™ provides a single solution to optimize the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments and includes: Veeam Reporter™ – VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback; Veeam Business View™ – VMware business service management and categorization; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including the nworks Management Pack™ – VMware management in Microsoft System Center, the nworks Smart Plug-in™ – VMware management in HP Operations Manager, and Veeam Monitor™ – framework-independent VMware monitoring. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com