Download Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots ENHANCED
Granular recovery from EMCNEW, HPE and NetApp storage snapshots. Restore from a storage snapshot in minutes!
With Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots, you can take advantage of the low overhead that periodic storage snapshots offer for low recovery point objectives (RPOs), and let Veeam Backup & Replication™ automate the whole recovery process for you, bringing you low recovery time objectives (RTOs) as well. You can:
- Recover guest OS files, application items or even an entire VM from a storage snapshot in two minutes or less
- Restore directly from storage snapshots, eliminating the need for staging snapshot contents to disk and intermediate restores
- Reduce the time needed to mount snapshots by 10x or more compared to manual processes, lowering your RTOs while avoiding human errors that can occur during critical recovery steps such as mounting snapshots
And it’s easy to use — just a few clicks in the Veeam Backup & Replication interface and you can restore directly from an EMCNEW, HPE or NetApp storage snapshot. Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots is also included in Veeam Backup™ Free Edition.
Veeam works with EMC, HPE and NetApp storage products to enable granular recovery from storage snapshots.
Here’s how it works:
- The storage is instructed to create a writeable copy of the required volume snapshot.
- This copy is mounted as the new datastore to the selected vSphere host.
- The restored VM is temporarily registered on the host, so that Instant VM Recovery™ of the entire VM can be immediately performed.
- For granular restores, the backup server further mounts the temporary VM’s virtual disk through VMware VADP, and the user can start restoring guest OS files and application items.
- After recovery is complete, the datastore is unmounted from the proxy host and a copy of volume snapshot is deleted.