Veeam Availability Suite v8 Now Supports VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols), VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) 2.0 and Other Key Storage Innovations in vSphere 6
Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, today announced the latest update to Veeam Availability Suite™ v8, which now fully supports VMware vSphere 6, keeping in the company’s long tradition of providing stable and trusted support for each new release of VMware vSphere within two months of its general availability.
Veeam Availability Suite v8 combines the industry leading backup, restore and replication capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication™ with the advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning functionality of Veeam ONE™ to provide everything enterprise IT needs to protect and manage its VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments, with recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of 15 minutes or less for all applications and data.
Highlights of vSphere 6 support in Veeam Availability Suite v8 include the following enhancements (most of which are not currently available from any other competing vendor):
Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 Update 2
- Support for VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols) and Virtual SAN (VSAN) 2.0
- Storage Policy-Based Management (SPBM) policy backup and restore
- Support for backup and replication of Fault Tolerant VMs
- vSphere 6 tags integration
- Quick Migration to VVol datastores
- Cross-vCenter vMotion awareness
- Hot add transport for SATA virtual disks