Veeam and Nimble Storage integration: First-hand configuration and recovery
Veeam is extending its storage integration offerings to the support of Nimble Storage arrays in the upcoming Veeam Availability Suite 9.5. The Beta is already available for testing, and I used this chance to get first-hand experience. In this post, I’ll share insights from my experience and review the functional use cases delivered by this Veeam-Nimble Integration.
The Veeam-Nimble integration follows the same approach as Veeam’s existing integration capabilities with other enterprise storage solutions. It’s all about leveraging the underlying storage hardware and snapshot capability. The Veeam-Nimble integration offers the benefits of minimum impact on the virtual infrastructure during the backup process, RTPO of less than 15 minutes and verified recoverability.
I tested the following key capabilities enabled by Veeam’s Nimble Storage integration in my lab:
- Scheduling the creation of Nimble Storage snapshots with application-consistent VM images
- Replication orchestration of Nimble Storage snapshots
- Backing up from Nimble Storage snapshots (or their replicated copies)
- Granular and fill recovery from Nimble Storage snapshots (or their replicated copies)
- Creating a Virtual Lab from Nimble Storage snapshots for testing, development, training and Big Data mining.
Read the entire article here, Veeam and Nimble Storage integration: First-hand configuration and recovery
via the fine folks at Veeam Software