Veeam and Nimble Storage integration: First-hand backup and replication
I recently blogged about the Veeam-Nimble integration configuration and recovery from Nimble Storage snapshots with Veeam. Today, let’s test backup and replication from Nimble snapshots with the Beta version of Veeam Availability Suite 9.5.
NOTE: This is a Beta, so some of the screens are listed as TBD or may not have their icons/visualization complete as what we will see in the generally available build of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.
Creating a Nimble volume collection
To back up from the snapshot, you need to create a volume collection, and then assign the desired volume for replication. The volume collection doesn’t require any complex configuration — everything is very straightforward:
- Browse the Nimble WebGUI: Manage — Protection — Volume Collections
- Add a new volume by clicking on New Volume Collection
- Add the Volume Collection Name on the Introduction Be careful with the naming to stay within the limits of 80 characters
- Select None on the Synchronization tab, because Veeam will orchestrate the VMware VSS Snapshot before the backup job starts
- Set the scheduling for Nimble Storage snapshots c Note that Veeam Backup & Replication uses its own engine to initiate the creation and replication of snapshots. Nimble configuration will not allow empty scheduling therefore you can choose Weeks or Repeat Every Week and Replicate to set to “2” as the minimum — or any desired configuration, as these configurations will not be used by Veeam.
- Associate the desired volume for replication on the Volumes Tab
Read the entire article here, Veeam and Nimble Storage integration: First-hand backup and replication
via the fine folks at Veeam Software