Unitrends Announces Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance Replacement Program
Unitrends today announced an aggressive replacement program that enables Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance customers to trade up to select Unitrends Recovery-Series purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) for only the cost of support.
On Oct. 10, Symantec announced that the company will stop selling its Backup Exec 3600 Appliance as of Jan. 5, 2015 – a development that represents a complete withdrawal from the small and medium-sized business (SMB) PBBA market. Unitrends’ new replacement program enables Symantec customers who show proof of purchase of their Backup Exec 3600 Appliance to trade up to the Unitrends Recovery-713, Recovery-813 or Recovery-822 appliance for only the price of a three- or five-year support contract.
“We believe Symantec Backup Exec 3600 customers made the right choice to switch to a PBBA, and they shouldn’t have to go back to buying, integrating and managing separate server hardware and data protection software,” said Mike Coney, president and CEO of Unitrends. “Large technology aggregators are a poor fit for the SMB PBBA market because they lack focus on research and development and customer care. Symantec customers can rest assured that, with Unitrends, they’ll receive enterprise-class, award-winning data protection appliances backed by the industry’s best customer support team.”
Unitrends is a proven leader in the all-in-one backup appliance market, and PBBAs are the core of its product portfolio. Unitrends Recovery-Series appliances provide virtual, physical and cloud data protection at the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership. Additional key features include:
- Support for more than 100 different versions of applications, operating systems, servers, storage and hypervisors
- Recovery assurance, including the industry’s only Windows® virtual machine and physical server instant recovery capability, coupled with hypervisor-level instant recovery and auditing (via the company’s VMware® Certified Application Recovery and ReliableDR™ technology)
- Cloud-empowered disaster recovery and business continuity through the Unitrends Cloud, which offers No Limits Cloud™ storage with strict recovery time objectives (RTOs) and service level agreements (SLAs), and Unitrends Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) for Windows and VMware
- Granular disaster recovery via local archiving (Disk-to-Disk-to-Any)
- Unitrends Bridge™ functionality, which enables customers to convert physical Windows systems to virtual machines in a single click
- Unified Bare Metal™ technology, a one-pass dissimilar bare metal capability that performs both bare metal as well as granular file-level backups
Unitrends’ Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance replacement program ends on December 15, 2014. To learn more, or to trade up to a Unitrends Recovery-Series appliance, please visit: http://bit.ly/ZE4BvA.
Unitrends delivers award-winning business recovery solutions for any IT environment. The company’s portfolio of virtual, physical, and cloud solutions provides adaptive protection for organizations globally. To address the complexities facing today’s modern data center, Unitrends delivers end-to-end protection and instant recovery of all virtual and physical assets as well as automated disaster recovery testing built for virtualization. With the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership, Unitrends’ offerings are backed by a customer support team that consistently achieves a 98 percent satisfaction rating. Unitrends’ solutions are also sold through a community of thousands of leading technology partners, service providers, and resellers worldwide. Visit www.unitrends.com.