Unidesk Desktop Virtualization (VDI) Platform for VMware View / Citrix XenDesktop Eval
Unidesk just released 1.0 of their Unidesk VDI management platform that integrates with VMware ESX / vSphere and any connection broker to provide you with the key benefits to VDI:
- Personalization: Sustain all user changes – including user-installed applications – through desktops logoffs, reboots, and Windows upgrades.
- Management: Update hundreds of desktops from one or multiple gold images, and deliver any application needed by users. Even the custom or complex applications current application virtualization cannot deliver.
- Storage: Provide Personalization and Management… using only 1/3 of the storage
Unidesk 1.0 technical requirements are as follows:
- At least one VMware ESX™ (VI3™ or vSphere™) host, connected to VMware vCenter Server
- At least 100GB of storage (SAN, NAS, or DAS)
- Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows 7 as your desktop operating system
- Any connection broker, including VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, Pano, Leostream, Microsoft RDP, etc.