Top 5 Findings: Global Knowledge’s IT Skills and Salary Report – Amazon Infographic
As we see more customers transition their business to the cloud, we are also seeing increased demand in the market for skilled IT professionals who are capable of designing, deploying, and operating applications and infrastructure on AWS. IT certifications are considered a gold standard for validating technical proficiency and one’s ability to perform on the job. Obtaining certification is often a pathway for IT professionals to move into roles offering expanded responsibilities. Training that leads you toward earning IT certification is becoming more important as individuals look to grow their careers and customers build institutional knowledge and skills within their organizations.
Top 5 Findings
I’d like to highlight the top 5 findings that stood out in this year’s report:
- Three-fourths of respondents said they participate in some form of professional development to build new skills, and half said preparing for a career certification or specialist exam is a top motivator.
- Overall, 59% of IT professionals are currently working on, or plan to pursue, some form of certification within the current year.
- Of respondents who pursued certification in the preceding year, 73% noted an increase in their job effectiveness because of related training.
- 21% of those who reported a significant raise (11 percent or greater) attribute it to the development of new skills that were of added value.
- Employees in organizations with training plans in place reported being less likely to leave their companies (78 percent versus 73 percent for those without a plan and 69 percent for those who were unsure if such plans exist).
via the fine folks at Amazon Web Services.