Top 10 Best Practices for XenApp Administrators
This Citrix support document provides a list of the top 10 best practices that XenApp administrators should follow to deliver maximum uptime, ensure stability and performance, and be best equipped to handle problems when they arise.
Citrix Technical Support is often asked by customers for the preventative and maintenance steps they should take and be familiar with in their XenApp environment. While specifics might vary from one environment to the next based on factors such as environment size, hardware, software, and overall usage, the items below apply to all XenApp implementations.
- Backup the Farm Data Store Regularly
- Build at Least One Test Environment/Farm
- Keep Current with Updates and Hotfixes
- Implement a Change Management Plan
- Avoid Non-native/3rd-Party Printer Drivers
- Get Familiar with Common Tools
- Know the Types of Memory Dumps
- Understand Zones and the Data Collector
- Monitor Farm Health
- Review Plug-in/Receiver Considerations
To learn more and to read the entire article at its source, please refer to the following page, Technotes: Best Practices for XenApp Administrators- Feed for Presentation Server 4.5 and Components