Solarwinds User Device Tracker 3.0 Release Candidate is Now Available!
We have officially reached Release Candidate (RC) status for User Device Tracker 3.0. RC is the last step before general availability and is a chance for existing customers to get the newest functionality for user device tracking and capacity planning before it is available to everyone else.
Here is the content of this RC version:
- Whitelisting – Set up a white list of devices based on MAC address, IP address, or hostname.
- Trap notifications – Get connectivity information in "real time"; receive an alert when a device not on whitelist connects to the network.
- Watch List – Add users to the Watch List.
- Domain Controller Wizard – Facilitate collection of user login information by configuring appropriate logging level on Windows® servers.
- Virtual Route and Forwarding (VRF) – Polls devices for VRF data.
- Alerts – Get an alert when an endpoint port changes.
- Reports – See a report on Wireless Endpoints.Groups – Add UDT ports to groups.
- Port Shutdown – Remotely shutdown a compromised device port.
More details and screenshots can be found in the UDT 3.0 beta blog post.
RC builds are made available to existing customers prior to the formal release. These are used to get customer feedback in production environments and are fully supported. If you have any questions, I encourage you to leverage the UDT RC forum on thwack.
You will find the latest version on your customer portal in the Release Candidate section. Please note that you will need to activate this RC build using a temporary RC key that you can also find on your customer portal (Licensing and Maintenance – License Management). This temporary key will be replaced with a regular license key after official release of UDT v3.0.