SolarWinds Presents “Big Hairy Sweepstakes” — Vote for the Most Obnoxious IT Help Desk Episode and Win a Beastly Prize
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced the launch of its "Big Hairy Sweepstakes," a Facebook-based contest in which IT pros vote on four short videos of the most obnoxious help desk stories for a chance to win an enormous beastly wall cling to guard the help desk from more ridiculous queries.
From April 17 to May 3, IT pros can log on to the Facebook contest page and cast their votes for one of four detestable characters that bother their IT help desk manager with zany issues. Choose from:
- The Know-It-All – Have you ever had a user think he knows more than you? The nerve!
- The Paranoid User – Everyone is out to get this guy and only you can stop them!
- The Horror Story – We’re sure you’ve seen some disgusting things on the job…
- The Boss’ Son – When you have to stop everything important and deal with this guy.
Brought to you from the geeky minds of SolarWinds, this contest chronicles characters that seemingly every IT help desk has had to deal with at one time or another. As quirky as some of the end-users above are, all are inspired by actual help desk tickets.
Sweepstakes voters will be entered to win one of eight monstrous, wild-eyed wall clings and will be announced on the SolarWinds Facebook page May 6. Participants must be legal residents of the United States to be entered to win in this sweepstakes.
While IT pros unfortunately can’t always keep goofy end-users at bay, they can use a number of IT management tools, such as SolarWinds Web Help Desk, to triage and manage end-user complaints and IT incidents more efficiently.
SolarWinds Web Help Desk is a powerful, yet simple, help desk ticketing software that helps make an IT pro’s life easier:
- Automatically converts service request emails into trouble tickets
- Leverages flexible and dynamic business rules to allow unlimited routing and ticket update automation
- Saves time by automating ticket creation for common and repetitive service requests
- Builds parent-child relationships between tickets to simplify incident and problem management
- Links service tickets to asset details for effective ticketing and asset management
- Leverages help desk integration with network management system (NMS) to convert node failure issues directly to service tickets
- Simplifies ticket management with graphical and intuitive Ticketing Dashboard
- Leverages the advantage of Dynamic Ticket Forms for clients to create IT tickets
- Imports service tickets from old, legacy system
In addition to Web-based ticketing, SolarWinds Web Help Desk also delivers powerful change management, IT asset management, and knowledge base features.
Pricing and Availability:
SolarWinds Web Help Desk starts at $695 (USD) and includes a year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds Web Help Desk website or call 866.530.8100.
The SolarWinds® Big, Hairy Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The SolarWinds Big, Hairy Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, 3711 South MoPac Expressway, Building Two, Austin, TX 78746 (the "Sponsor").
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. CDT on April 12, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 3, 2013. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Watch Sponsor’s videos on SolarWinds Facebook® page and vote (or "like") for your favorite video. For each vote, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and e-mail address per 24 hour period. Any votes submitted in excess of this will not be counted and will not earn you an entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Drawings: On May 6, 2013, the Sponsor will select eight (8) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners within seven (7) days of the drawing.
- Potential Winner Requirements: The potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
- Prizes: The eight (8) winners will receive one (1) Sponsor yeti wall decal, which has an approximate retail value of $110. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for delivery.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
- Sweepstakes Results: To request a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Director, Brand Marketing; Attn: Lori Baldwin; 3711 South MoPac Expressway; Building Two; Austin, Texas 78746. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.