SolarWinds NCM 7.3 Architecture and Deployment
NCM 7.3 architecture is different from the previous versions as we have taken two important steps towards complete integration with other Orion modules:
- NCM and Core/NPM databases have been merged. (See Network Configuration Manager v7.3 is Now GA! for full list of benefits.)
- Deployment scenario where NCM is integrated with NPM but installed on a separate server is no longer supported.
This kind of deployment was a temporary step between NCM 6.x (and older) and NCM 7.x with additional poller support. As NCM 7.1 was released in Q3’2012, this installation scenario is no longer supported.
- Choose this deployment if you only have NCM or if you want it completely non-integrated to any other Orion-based product.
- Other SolarWinds products can be installed and integrated to a standalone NCM at a later time.
- Node, User Account and Syslog & Trap Management rely on Orion Platform (a.k.a. Core) components. NCM also benefits from Network Atlas.
- NCM and Orion Platform rely on Microsoft SQL Server database which can be co-hosted or installed on separate server. The diagrams below show these two options:
Read the entire article here, NCM 7.3 Architecture and Deployment