SolarWinds – Application Centric Virtualization Management Podcast with Michael Thompson – DABCC Radio #225
In episode 225, Douglas Brown interviews Michael Thompson, Product Marketing Director for Systems Management solutions at SolarWinds. Mike and Douglas discuss SolarWinds’ modern point-of-view to effective systems management. Mike dives into a newer, more holistic approach that can benefit IT organizations by reducing VM downtime and troubleshooting.
About Virtualization Manager
Comprehensive Virtualization Management for VMware & Hyper-V that can save, on average, 65% of your time spent troubleshooting in your VM environment.
- Real-time dashboards simplify identification & troubleshooting of performance, capacity & configuration problems
- Identifies VM sprawl, helps you reclaim & optimize space, and reduces licensing costs
- Integration with Server & Application Monitor provides complete visibility of the application stack – from app to VM to datastore
- All the functionality & more of other leading virtualization management tools – at a fraction of the cost
- Easy to download, deploy & use – start monitoring your VMs in less than an hour
About Michael Thompson
Michael Thompson is the Systems Management Business Leader and Director of Product Marketing for SolarWinds, an IT management software provider based in Austin, Texas. Prior to that role, he served as Director of Business Strategy for Virtualization and Storage. Michael has worked in the IT management industry for 11 years, including leading product management teams and portfolios in both storage and virtualization/cloud products for IBM and with an Austin based startup. He has an MBA and a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.