Sneak Peek at SolarWinds (NPM) 12 – Big Release
It took longer than usual to build this release but I can honestly say this is our biggest release in years. NPM 12 is almost ready.
NetPath started as something we were fiddling with in the lab. We came up with some really cool tech tidbits like:
- Discovering the entire, complex path that connects users to services far, far away on the Internet. Often dozens and sometimes hundreds of routers, links, and servers.
- Quantifying the performance of every node and every link.
- Correlating hop by hop performance on a node or link that is used for a portion of the traffic to the end-to-end performance experienced by users.
- Determining what portion of latency is healthy and what portion is unhealthy. That way, we can correctly mark a link between two routers in the same building as unhealthy when it takes 7ms and mark a transcontinental link that takes 30ms as healthy.
- Reliably mimicking application traffic so we are allowed through firewalls and treated with QOS just like application traffic is.
At the end of the day, tools should make problems easier to understand and solve. As Network Engineers, we know there will never be a troubleshooting easy button, but our tools should always be aspiring to achieve that goal.Today, NetPath is our very best first attempt to reach toward that goal. Today, NetPath looks like this:
Read the entire article here, SNEAK PEEK AT NPM 12
via the fine folks at SolarWinds