SimpliVity OmniStack 3.5 added to WhatMatrix SDS Comparison – What’s New?
Our SDS and HCI comparison has been updated with SimpliVity’s OmniStack 3.5 release. With the “re-emergence” of some of the larger storage vendors in the hyperconverged market the competition is getting even tougher.
The picture illustrates that SimpliVity have successfully managed to almost close the gap to the top spot by enhancing some significant areas of functionality with this release. All while retaining their leadership for use cases where local and remote data protection features are key consideration. (compare more here)
OmniStack – so what’s new?
The technology stack underpinning SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solution and its OmniView web-based support dashboard have been enhanced to provide predictable application performance, better API integration and support for deployments across larger areas that span multiple sites.
Optimized for large, mission-critical, global enterprise deployments, OmniStack 3.5 is the latest version of SimpliVity’s software with the following capabilities:
- The Intelligent Workload Optimizer for first-class performance – OmniStack 3.5 ensures predictable application performance with the new Intelligent Workload Optimizer. By integrating intelligence about storage performance and data locations with vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler, OmniStack 3.5 can smartly migrate VMs to dynamically balance workloads.
- REST API for third party and custom app integration – SimpliVity’s new REST API accelerates the development and integration of third-party solutions and custom applications, utilizing intuitive standards and integrated development environments for rapid prototyping.
- Expanded support for multi-node stretched clusters – OmniStack 3.5’s increased enablement for multi-node stretched clusters mitigates risk, and improves IT availability and resilience by deploying infrastructure across large campus data centers that span multiple sites.
“OmniView increases enterprise productivity through predictive insights and automated analysis …”
“OmniView”- new web-based management
SimpliVity’s new web-based tool, OmniView, provides predictive analytics and trend analysis to customers with mission critical support plans, delivering insight for optimizing performance and resource utilization, and effectively managing future growth. Features include:
- Customized dashboards for monitoring all worldwide deployments, top to bottom, and rapidly diagnosing performance or latency issues
- Predictive analytics that enable administrators to easily visualize organic growth and anticipate future capacity requirements
- Convenient, secure web access with centralized data analysis and storage in SimpliVity’s support cloud
OmniStack for Hyper-V – providing important additional hypervisor options
Hyper-V is quickly increasing its market penetration and becoming an alternate hypervisor for many businesses. SimpliVity has extended the OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform to support Hyper-V environments within Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to offer more choice and flexibility to these large enterprises.
OmniStack for Hyper-V delivers all the same benefits of SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure, including accelerated data efficiency, global unified management, and built-in data protection for Hyper-V based virtual machines running on SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure.
Availability; OmniStack for Hyper-V is aligned to the planned release of Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
For more details see this blog on SimpliVity’s website and check out this OmniView overview video – happy comparing!
Category Consultant SDS & HCI
Read the entire article here, SimpliVity OmniStack 3.5 added to WhatMatrix SDS Comparison – What’s New?
via the fine folks at WhatMatrix Community