Server-Based Computing / VDI Podcast with Dan Shappir from Ericom Software – Episode 10
DABCC Radio is a podcasting show geared around Virtualization and Server-Based Computing News and Support interviews, editorials, and tips & tricks pertaining to technologies such as, Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, SoftGrid, Performance Management, application deployment and much, much more.
In episode 10 we are very excited to have Dan Shappir , Vice President of Software Development at Ericom Software to discuss their Citrix alternative called PowerTerm WebConnect along with a good discussion on VDI (virtual device infrastructure).
Ericom’s Server-based Computing (SBC) Solution – PowerTerm® WebConnect – provides flexible and secure enterprise-wide access to business-critical applications. This comprehensive solution enables organizations to respond to a broad range of challenges – from user mobility & access to Windows Terminal Server, Virtual Desktops, legacy host systems, to remote desktop support, and more.
PowerTerm WebConnect connects to applications across the Enterprise – from Windows and Linux desktops, and thin clients.
Key Benefits include:
· Ericom’s centrally managed server-based computing solution is fast and simple to configure, intuitive and cost-effective – ideal for companies with remote branches and telecommuters.
· Support workforce mobility & flexible working arrangements – from home or on the road
· Increase enterprise security – Gain greater control over application access
· Expedite Application roll outs – Centralize application publishing and administration and save IT staff valuable time and travel costs
· Enhance user flexibility – Access data from Windows/ Linux desktops and thin clients
· Lower TCO – optimize productivity levels and reduce licensing costs
· Reduce IT complexity and desktop management costs – Eliminate costly client-based installations and technical support
· Enhance business agility – ensure business continuity during server interruptions
Key Features include:
· Centralized Administration and Management
· Universal Printing
· Enhanced Server Scalability and Stability
· Remote Desktop Support
· Enhanced Security
· Multi-platform Client Support, Including Windows Vista
· Load Balancing for Terminal Servers & Applications
· Automatic Deployments & Auto Refreshes
· Application Publishing & True Seamless Windows
· Integration with Active Directory
· Enterprise-wide Collaboration
· Enhanced Thin Client Computing Solution, Supporting CE, XPe and Linux clients
· Simplified PowerTerm WebConnect Server Management
About Dan Shappir
I’m Vice President of Software Development at Ericom Software, a leading provider of remote application access solutions and a Microsoft Gold Certified partner. In this role, I’m responsible for all aspects of product design, software development and maintenance of the Company’s product lines. I have over 16 years of experience in software development ranging from real-time multi-user games to missile trajectory analysis. I hold a M.Sc. in Computer Science from the Tel-Aviv University, and a B.Sc. Computer Science from the Hebrew University. I’ve published several articles in industry magazines such as Doctor Dobb’s Journal and Windows Development Magazine. I’ve also presented in industry conferences.