Save around $70K a Year and Experience 40% Fewer Hours of Downtime by Simply Deploying a Virtualization Management Tool
An IT pro who manages a virtual infrastructure will only know what it really takes to keep the environment up and running. Sometimes during the process, several hours during a day is spent troubleshooting performance problem, monitoring capacity bottlenecks, managing VM configuration issues, etc. Without a proactive virtualization management solution, identifying and fixing performance issues is a big ask from any IT pro. A proactive virtualization management tool will offer you complete visibility into the performance of your virtual environment – from VM all the way down to the storage layer.
SolarWinds just conducted a survey in August where 136 Virtualization Manager (VMAN) customers participated. The pool of respondents included VirtAdmins, SysAdmins, capacity planners, IT generalists, etc. from North America. The objective of this survey was to find out how our customers are using VMAN to troubleshoot performance challenges in their virtual environment and what their ROI was after deploying VMAN.
After deploying VMAN:
- 63% of respondents spent an average of only $6,000 per year on software costs to monitor around 250 VMs
- Respondents decreased downtime from 7-15 hours to less than 3 hours per month
- Respondents who spent 11-20 hours manually searching for dormant VMs now spend only 1-5 hours per month
- Respondents who spent around 9 hours to detect VM sprawl every month now only spend a little over 2 hours
- You can view the complete survey finding in the following presentation.
About SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
A comprehensive virtualization management software for VMware & Hyper-V
- Identify and troubleshoot performance, capacity, and configuration problems
- Identify VM sprawl – reclaim and optimize space
- Map dependencies and perform forensic troubleshooting and problem analysis
- Quickly discover and act on performance issues using flexible alerts and recommendations
- Integration with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor and Storage Manager providing you with contextual awareness of performance issues across all layers, including applications, database, virtual infrastructure, server hardware, and storage systems
Learn more here