Reflex Systems Announces Dynamic Policy Enforcement for Reflex VMC
Leverages VMware’s VMsafe to go beyond the ‘virtual firewall’ and enforce datacenter policy in local, enterprise and cloud environments
- Dynamic Policy Enforcement and Management– the ability to specify government regulation, corporate compliance, data center policy, best practice or security rules that adapt and move with the virtual assets (virtual machines, virtual network, group of VMs, hosts, clusters, vLAN, etc.) thus policy is enforced regardless of location, type of network connection, or type of virtual switch
- Policy Extends into the Cloud: vTrust can facilitate and automate the use of cloud and SaaS services by providing a cloud security API that enables enterprises and hosting/cloud solution providers to secure individual virtualization resources in the cloud
- (VQL)Virtualization Query Language – natural and structured query language that is used to define policy and rules, allowing virtual infrastructure to dynamically adapt to changing needs without requiring a change to the policies. VQL also enables virtualization administrators to query the virtual infrastructure “on the fly” for any type of information
- vmTagging (Virtual Meta Tagging) – classify virtual assets based on administrator defined properties. Virtual Policy Tagging is also genetic, enabling clones of virtual assets to automatically inherit policy from parents
- Virtual Segmentation – create virtual trust zones on shared resources by dynamically partitioning the virtual infrastructure into separate virtual resources with different network communication policies (firewall rules)
- Virtual Quarantine – enforce data center policy when VMs are provisioned (VMs must meet certain criteria to be allowed on the network). Easily detect rogue or unauthorized guests or virtual machines which do not meet regulatory or compliance requirements
- Virtual Networking Policies – create and enforce a DMZ, block specific kinds of network traffic between virtual machines (P2P, IM, FTP, etc.), ensure only specific protocols are used on specific ports or networks, etc.
Reflex Systems is the industry leader in virtualization management and security. Reflex VMC (Virtualization Management Center) dramatically increases the visibility, management and security of an organization’s virtual infrastructure. Purpose-built on a strong security foundation, VMC provides the essential tools needed to enforce dynamic infrastructure policy in virtualized data centers. Reflex VMC provides infrastructure discovery and visualization, timeline-based management, application/services discovery, network security, performance, lifecycle management and dynamic policy enforcement. Reflex VMC supports VMware’s ESX server, Citrix’s XenServer, and Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtual server environments. Reflex Systems is based in Atlanta, Georgia and is privately held. For more information, including a trial download of Reflex VMC, visit www.reflexsystems.com.