Read “Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services FAQ” White Paper
Microsoft recently released the Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services FAQ paper. This FAQ document answers the following questions:
- What pricing and licensing changes are there with the Windows Server 2012 R2 release of Remote Desktop Services (RDS)?
- Do I still need a separate CAL to access Remote Desktop Services?
- When exactly do I need a Remote Desktop Services (RDS) CAL?
- Do I need an RDS CAL if I am using a third-party technology like Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect, Quest Virtual Access Suite, GraphOn Go- Global, etc. to directly or indirectly access the server software to interact with the GUI?
- What version of the RDS CALs do I need?
- How do I buy the RDS CAL licenses?
- How do I license Microsoft desktop applications such as Microsoft Office in a Windows Server Remote Desktop Services environment?
- How do I license Microsoft Windows desktop operating system for use with virtual machines running in the datacenter?
To learn more and to download the above file, please visit: Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)