PremiTech Enhances End-User Systems Management Solution for Citrix
Performance Guard 4.1 Features VMware Support, Improved Usability and Additional Proactive Alerting
LAS VEGAS, October 9, 2005 – PremiTech today announced the latest version of its proven software for managing end-user quality of IT service, Performance Guard™ 4.1. This new version offers Citrix Presentation Server™ customers enhanced usability and notification features, as well as support for applications virtualized on VMware servers. PremiTech will showcase Performance Guard, developed in close cooperation with Citrix and its customers, in Booth #604 at Citrix® iForum™ 2005, October 9-12, in Las Vegas, Nev.
Performance Guard is utilized by more than 200 global companies including an impressive array of some of the largest Citrix customers in the world, such as Ingersoll-Rand, Maersk Sealand, General Electric, Verizon Wireless, State Street Bank and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The product is supported and distributed by leading Citrix platinum partners, such as Bell Business Solutions, IBM Global Services, RapidApp, DynTek, Vector-MTM and IPM. PremiTech also recently received the DABCC Seal of Approval for its ability to solve customers’ problems and achieve the highest standards of excellence.
With Performance Guard, IT organizations are able to monitor end-user performance and network latency, as well as the service on Presentation Server and supporting back-end servers to obtain consistent, accurate measurement of Citrix application performance in real time. The new release makes it even easier for IT staff to proactively ensure optimal service delivery for their business users while reducing operational costs through early resolution of problems.
New features of Performance Guard 4.1 include:
· Added performance metrics: Especially important for Presentation Server users, Performance Guard now monitors additional key performance indicators, such as context switches.
· Improved network analysis: Performance Guard monitors the entire network to pinpoint and document the exact cause of poor response times and broken sessions.
· Improved distribution of scheduled reporting: Performance alarms and reports can be sent automatically to appropriate personnel inside and outside of IT.
· Enhanced alarms and auto-baselining: Performance Guard intuitively configures itself to recognize baseline performance and notify IT at any point when the system deviates from normal conditions.
· Strengthened correlation engine: Performance Guard now maintains server metrics for an extended period of time, providing the ability to correlate application and system performance for improved root cause identification.
· Active Citrix login measurement: The Performance Guard agent now makes repeated login measurements in order to ensure the Citrix server is up and running and to identify differences in login times.
· VMware support: For firms consolidating servers and using virtualized applications in their production environments, Performance Guard now performs baseline measurements and provides pre- and post-migration metrics for the VMware virtual infrastructure.
“This latest release shows that PremiTech is dedicated to making our jobs easier and helping us reduce support costs through improved efficiencies,” said Dean Matvey, Network Services Division of Ingersoll-Rand’s Infrastructure Sector. “With Performance Guard, we are able to provide a precise explanation on the cause of system issues and an exact account of how we’re going to fix them. You couldn’t get that from any other systems management product.”
About Performance Guard
Performance Guard is an off-the-shelf, standard solution that provides the ability to monitor end-user quality of IT service in Desktop, Citrix and VMware environments. It delivers consistent, accurate measurement of application performance from the end-user perspective in real time. This data is essential for the rapidly growing number of companies using access infrastructure solutions from Citrix to measure mission-critical application performance, identify performance bottlenecks and resolve issues. Using one centralized server with Performance Guard, companies are able to improve system performance, increase user productivity, reduce expenses in infrastructure and help-desk resources, and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
About Citrix Presentation Server
Citrix Presentation Server™, as the world’s most widely deployed presentation server, has become the industry standard for providing secure on-demand access to client/server and desktop-based applications using virtualization, considered the best delivery method for these types of business applications. The applications actually run centrally on Presentation Server itself, which is located in a secure data center, while appearing to run on a user’s local, remote, or mobile computer. Presentation Server runs on Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003, Windows® 2000 Server, and UNIX®, and supports any Windows®, UNIX, Java, and Web application, no matter the infrastructure diversity. Presentation Server delivers the best access experience for everyone: instant return on investment for the business, improved productivity for users, and enhanced administrative efficiency, system control, and security for IT.
PremiTech is a leading consultancy and software company specialized in IT system performance auditing and optimization. PremiTech’s Performance Guard™ solution is installed at more than 2,000 locations in more than 100 countries and is the only solution of its kind to deliver real-time data on IT system performance from the end-users’ perspective. This actual performance information allows an organization’s help-desk and IT department to provide proactive service before problems occur, and to quickly determine the root cause of a problem when it does occur. PremiTech is recognized by Douglas Brown as a DABCC Platinum Partner for its ability to solve customers’ problems and achieve the highest standards of excellence. For more information, please visit www.premitech.com, e-mail Henrik Rosendahl at email@example.com or call (973) 490-8571.
# # #
Citrix®, Citrix iForum™ and Citrix Presentation Server™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.