Newest Release of SIOS iQ Machine Learning Analytics Solution Adds Powerful Enhancements to Performance Root Cause Analysis, Further Refines Usability
SIOS Technology Corp. (http://us.sios.com), the industry’s leading provider of high availability and IT analytics software, today announced the latest release of SIOS iQ machine learning analytics software, which has new features that deliver unparalleled accuracy and precision in performance root cause analysis for VMware environments. It also includes dashboard enhancements for improved usability and a graphical topological impact view enabling faster identification and resolution of issues.
"SIOS iQ meets a growing need for accurate, real-time insight into application and server performance, efficiency, and reliability in VMware environments," said Jason Bloomberg, president, Intellyx. "The SIOS PERC Dashboard and SIOS iQ’s graphical topological impact view and search features cut through the vast volumes of data ‘noise’ these complex environments generate, identifying critical issues and their root causes across the entire virtual infrastructure."
“By putting all key information about an organization’s infrastructure at their fingertips, SIOS iQ enables IT managers to ensure their applications are operating efficiently, that issues are identified and resolved quickly, and that VMware resources are not being wasted,” said Jerry Melnick, president and CEO, SIOS Technology. “These newest enhancements further simplify the understanding of IT operations and help resolve issues in dynamic virtual environments.”
"The insights that SIOS iQ is able to provide about the root causes of performance issues is very powerful, and unique in the industry," said William Dalton, director, EMEA IS & Corporate Technology, TrendMicro. “SIOS iQ has given us a holistic view of the operational efficiency of our complex VMware environment for the first time.”
Designed to be a powerful platform for IT operations information and issue resolution, SIOS iQ applies an advanced data analytics/Big Data approach to a broad range of data sets, including application and infrastructure data from third party tools and frameworks, to recognize abnormal patterns of behavior and identify root causes of performance issues. The latest innovations from SIOS deliver industry leading precision and accuracy in identifying and resolving root causes of performance issues.
SIOS iQ features are released on an ongoing basis. New releases in Q4 2015 include: Version 3.2 released in October featuring support for VMware vSphere 6.0, search functionality, and enhancements to performance root cause analysis.
Version 3.3 is immediately available and includes:
- Immediate Time to Value with Best Practices Analysis – New best practices analysis feature enables SIOS iQ to provide insights on performance, efficiency, reliability, and capacity utilization immediately after implementation, accelerating its automated process of learning and characterizing behavior of interrelated objects in the infrastructure.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 (vROps) Event Injection –SIOS iQ enables vROps to display: high availability cluster health; host-based caching configuration recommendations; undersized VMs; and idle resources including snapshot and VM sprawl through its Environment Health map and issue display. With SIOS iQ, vROps users gain precise identification of performance issues, such as “noisy neighbors”, hardware degradation, and slow application performance with specific recommendations for remediation.
- Enhanced Performance Issue Event Correlation – SIOS iQ can now identify additional root causes of performance issues, including network anomalies (released in v3.2), newly provisioned VM(s), Live Migration of VMs, and under-sized VMs.
The next release of SIOS iQ, version 3.4, will be available by the end of the year and will include:
- Topology Impact Analysis View – SIOS iQ provides a dynamic, visual map of the VMware infrastructure showing interrelated objects (VMs, network, storage, and applications) and their interrelationships highlighting current status and highlighting anomalous behavior. Touch-enabled drill down screens enable IT to explore detailed root causes of performance issues and recommendations for improvement.
- Semi-Supervised Learning – IT staff can augment SIOS iQ’s understanding of both normal and anomalous infrastructure behavior by adding individualized parameters for increased precision and accuracy.
- Reliability Analysis for VMware HA – SIOS iQ enables users to ensure their VMware infrastructure is protected in the event of host failures. The SIOS PERC Dashboard™ reliability indicator shows the number of host failures that a cluster has sustained over time and indicates when there are not enough hosts to sustain future failures.
Pricing and AVAILABILITY
List price for the standard edition of SIOS iQ is $150/month/host (paid annually). SIOS iQ is a host-license based product that is sold as a renewable subscription. During the valid subscription period SIOS iQ subscribers are entitled to 12 hours/day, 5 days/week support and to receive new features and updates that will be delivered through the built-in automatic product update feature. A free edition of SIOS iQ is also available.
SIOS iQ version 3.3 is immediately available. SIOS iQ version 3.4 will be available by the end of the year.
Buy SIOS iQ Standard Edition: http://us.sios.com/iq/cta/how-to-buy
Photo of new performance root cause impact topology map:
ESG Lab Spotlight Report:
SIOS iQ White Paper:
Download a Free 30-Day Trial of SIOS iQ:
About SIOS Technology Corp.
SIOS Technology Corp. makes software products that provide the insights and guidance IT managers need to manage and protect business critical applications in large, complex data centers. SIOS iQ is a machine learning analytics software that helps IT managers optimize performance, efficiency, reliability, and capacity utilization in virtualized environments. SIOS SAN and SANLess software is an essential part of any cluster solution that provides the flexibility to build Clusters Your Way™ to protect your choice of Windows or Linux environment in any configuration (or combination) of physical, virtual and cloud (public, private, and hybrid) without sacrificing performance or availability. Founded in 1999, SIOS Technology Corp. (http://us.sios.com) is headquartered in San Mateo, California, and has offices throughout the United States, United Kingdom and Japan.