NEW SoftNAS Cloud Version 3.4.8 – Azure Blob Object Storage
SoftNAS Cloud Version 3.4.8
Using SoftNAS to frontend Azure Blob Storage has a number of advantages including:
- Highly Scalable: Customers can scale cloud NAS deployment from gigabytes to petabytes, supporting up to 16PB.
- No Application Re-coding: SoftNAS Cloud allows easy workload migrations to the Azure cloud without changing existing application code, data structures or workflows.
- Improved Flexibility: Customers can create SoftNAS Cloud volumes using the Blob Storage tiers with the right mix of price and performance that best meets their needs.
With support for Azure Blob Storage, customers can choose Hot and Cool Storage tiers for Blob storage with:
- Azure Hot Blob Storage – Object storage optimized for frequent I/O data.
- Azure Cool Blob Storage – Object storage optimized for low I/O and low cost (safe-keeping of less frequently accessed file data).
- Premium Disk Storage – SSD based block storage for high-performance, I/O intensive workloads.
- Standard Disk Storage – HDD based block storage for general purpose workloads.
Read the entire article here, New: Azure Blob Object Storage
via the fine folks at SoftNAS