MySQL in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell)
When you need to find the right SQL keyword or MySQL client command-line option right away, turn to this convenient reference, known for the same speed and flexibility as the system it covers so thoroughly. MySQL is packed with so many capabilities that the odds of remembering a particular function or statement at the right moment are pretty slim. With MySQL in a Nutshell, you get the details you need, day in and day out, in one concise and extremely well organized book.
The new edition contains all the commands and programming information for version 5.1, including new features and language interfaces. It’s ideal for anyone using MySQL, from novices who need to get up to speed to advanced users who want a handy reference. Like all O’Reilly Nutshell references, it’s easy to use and highly authoritative, written by the editor of the MySQL Knowledge Base at MySQL AB, the creator and owner of MySQL.
Inside, you’ll find:
- A thorough reference to MySQL statements, functions, and administrative utilities
- Several tutorial chapters to help newcomers get started
- Programming language APIs for PHP, Perl, and C
- Brief tutorials at the beginning of each API chapter to help anyone, regardless of experience level, understand and master unfamiliar territory
- New chapters on replication, triggers, and stored procedures
- Plenty of new examples of how MySQL is used in practice
- Useful tips to help you get through the most difficult subjects
Whether you employ MySQL in a mission-critical, heavy-use environment or for applications that are more modest, this book puts a wealth of easy-to-find information at your fingertips, saving you hundreds of hours of trial and error and tedious online searching. If you’re ready to take advantage of everything MySQL has to offer, MySQL in a Nutshell has precisely what it takes.
Used Book in Good Condition
Learn More and Buy Now