Microsoft: Work Folders and Offline Files support for Windows Information Protection
I’m Jeff Patterson, Program Manager for Work Folders and Offline Files.
Windows 10, version 1607 will be available to Enterprise customers soon so I wanted to cover support for Windows Information Protection (a.k.a. Enterprise Data Protection) when using Work Folders or Offline Files.
Windows Information Protection Overview
Windows Information Protection (WIP) is a new security feature introduced in Windows 10, version 1607 to protect against data leaks.
Benefits of WIP
- Separation between personal and corporate data, without requiring employees to switch environments or apps
- Additional data protection for existing line-of-business apps without a need to update the apps
- Ability to wipe corporate data from devices while leaving personal data alone
- Use of audit reports for tracking issues and remedial actions
- Integration with your existing management system (Microsoft Intune, System Center Configuration Manager 2016, or your current mobile device management (MDM) system) to configure, deploy, and manage WIP for your company
Read the entire article here, Work Folders and Offline Files support for Windows Information Protection
via the fine folks at Microsoft.