Microsoft: Skype for Business Technical Training
Skype for Business provides one platform for calling, conferencing, video, and sharing. Microsoft’s ambition is simple: to create the most loved and trusted communications platform for doing things together.
Skype for Business is an enterprise-ready unified communications platform:
- Complete meeting solution: Users can work like they are all in one room, even when they’re not. Skype Meetings offers HD video, desktop sharing, co-authoring, presentations, and more.
- Modern voice with Cloud private branch exchange (PBX): Make, receive, and transfer business calls in the office, at home, or on the road, using phone, PC, and mobile.
- Skype across devices. Users get input without leaving their doc. Thanks to Skype in-app integration, users can IM, screen share, talk, or video chat right in their docs.
- Operator and Microsoft Services: Users take advantage of calling services from Telco operators worldwide with on-premises connection to Cloud PBX.
- Modern products for global scale, security, and reliability: Skype and Skype for Business have an unmatched media delivery network, modern data centres, and highly resilient end points worldwide.
Skype for Business Partner Technical Airlift events are targeted to enterprise-focused Communications and Cloud Productivity partners solution architects, technical sellers, support engineers, and others. The training available at these three-day events delivered by industry experts—has been created in conjunction with Skype for Business product teams. Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, Persistent Chat, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage and maintain the infrastructure and how to troubleshoot issues that might arise.
Read the entire article here, Skype for Business Technical Training – Microsoft Partner Network Blog
via the fine folks at Microsoft