Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview now supports pinning and Azure RemoteApp
A new update (version 857 for the Remote Desktop Preview client for Windows 10 is making its way through the Store and will be available shortly. This is an exciting release for two reasons:
- This release provides the last set of features we want to validate before taking this client out of preview to be the recommended Remote Desktop client on Windows 10 [mobile]. Expect this update to happen in the near future.
- Support for Azure RemoteApp. This provides a single client that can access your remote PCs, Remote Resources (RemoteApp and Desktop Connections) as well as Azure RemoteApp.
We already received a lot of positive feedback about running our client on phones that support Continuum for phone and our app quickly climbed the ranks to become one of the top apps being used in this scenario. As we continue adding more features, remember that they are available no matter which Windows 10 device you may be using including desktop, tablets, phones and Continuum.
The features in this release help you be more productive by:
- allowing you to pin the apps and desktops you use frequently for quicker access
- showing you your recently used items to get back to them faster
- providing an extended keyboard with useful keys not normally found on the on-screen keyboard
- giving you access to Azure RemoteApp from anywhere on all your Windows 10 devices with a consistent experience
Read the entire article here, Remote Desktop Preview now supports pinning and Azure RemoteApp
via the fine folks at Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) Team Blog