Microsoft Releases Windows Server Premium Assurance and SQL Server Premium Assurance
Today we are announcing the availability of Windows Server Premium Assurance and SQL Server Premium Assurance. With Windows Server Premium Assurance and SQL Server Premium Assurance, you receive critical and important security updates and bulletins for an additional six years after the end of Extended Support. This means you can get up to 16 years of total support, an extension from the usual five years each of Mainstream and Extended support.
These new offerings are designed to provide flexibility by enabling legacy applications to continue running without disruption as you modernize applications and infrastructure, or move to cloud. Some of the key benefits include:
- Sustain critical and legacy applications for six additional years
- Stay compliant with regulatory requirements
- Maintain security on systems that may not be ready to update
Premium Assurance is available for both Windows Server and SQL Server, which helps you sustain key scenarios that might require older versions of Windows Server and SQL Server. For example:
- A legacy ERP system that is heavily integrated with other systems
- Critical applications that cannot support the down time required for updates
- Custom applications that might be working fine and would be expensive to rearchitect
- Industry-specific applications not yet offered as cloud-based solutions
Read the entire article here, Now Available! Windows Server Premium Assurance and SQL Server Premium Assurance – Hybrid Cloud Blog
via the fine folks at Microsoft.