Microsoft Intune support for Android for Work
Today, we are announcing that Intune is now part of the Android for Work program and in the early stages of rolling out Android for Work features. Here’s a sample of what you can expect to see in our initial release of Android for Work support:
- A broader set of management policies for Android devices; including the ability to manage a work profile on the device, set policies to enforce complex lockscreen PINs and define permission policies for Android apps you manage.
- Application install improvements; today, the user experience for deploying apps is different depending on whether the app is an internally developed LOB app, or if it’s in the Play store. Android for Work unifies this experience, making it consistent regardless of what kind of app you are deploying.
- Security improvements; including mandatory encryption and the ability to disable app installation from unknown sources.
- Email client app configuration; using managed configuration, any email app that supports enterprise configuration can be provisioned with Intune. Intune also provides IT Pro UI for configuring the Gmail and Nine Work applications.
- App configuration capabilities; developers will be able to expose managed configuration capabilities in their applications, opening up a pipeline for Intune to be able to configure these settings.
Join our Android for Work Preview
Our rollout begins with a private preview in early September. If you’re interested in participating in our preview and providing us with input on what we’re building, we want to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com for consideration.
Read the entire article here, Microsoft Intune support for Android for Work
via the fine folks at Microsoft.