Microsoft Azure Information Protection December Preview Now Available
Since we first released Azure Information Protection (AIP) on October 1st, we have been busy helping, visiting, and listening to customers worldwide. Our engineering team has also been working hard on rapidly delivering previously requested updates and several new features. Today we are making available a new preview release! This preview includes a significant number of enhancements very important to your active (or soon-to-be active) information protection deployments. As usual, we invite you to scrutinize the below, kick the tires on the actual software, test new scenarios out and let us help you in protecting your information!
So, what’s now in preview
- Scoped Policies so you can make labels available to users based on group membership
- A new, unified Windows client that combines the RMS Sharing app features into the Azure Information Protection client
- An updated viewer for protected files, including protected PDFs downloaded from Share Point
- Manual (right-click) labeling and protection for non-Office files
- Bulk classification and labeling for data at rest using PowerShell
Here’s what is now released (no longer in preview)
- Event logs for labeling and protection events
- HYOK (Hold Your Own Key) for protecting highly sensitive content from anyone but you
- Cloud App Security (MCAS) integration of labels into their product offering
Read the entire article here, Azure Information Protection December preview now available – Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog
via the fine folks at Microsoft.