Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC
Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead).
As we mentioned previously, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we are releasing new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build continues to include a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.
It’s an incredibly exciting week for us. For the FIRST TIME EVER, the entire Windows Insider Team is at a conference to meet all of you. We are all at Ignite in Orlando this week. It’s been such an honor and a privilege to have gotten a chance to meet you all online all these years and this week it’s been simply magical to meet face-to-face. SO MANY of you have come by our booth, our round-table and our sessions to say hi and to talk to us about the program. You have given us hundreds of new ideas of things we want to do with you—and it’s only Tuesday! We’ll have a full trip report article on our website soon.
Read the entire article here, Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC
Via the fine folks at Microsoft.