Microsoft Announces the Public Preview of PowerShell in Azure Cloud Shell
A few months ago, we started the journey to bring the PowerShell experience in to Azure Cloud Shell. Today, that experience enters public preview alongside Bash in Azure Cloud Shell. With the addition of PowerShell in Cloud Shell, now you have the flexibility to choose the shell experience that works best for you.
Features of PowerShell in Cloud Shell The PowerShell experience builds on to the benefits of Azure Cloud Shell such as:
- Authenticated shell access to Azure from virtually anywhere.
- Common tools and programming languages in a shell that’s updated and maintained by Microsoft.
- Persist your files across sessions in attached Azure File storage.
The PowerShell experience adds:
- Azure drive (Azure:) to discover and navigate all Azure resources like file system navigation. Azure drive also provides contextual capabilities such as:
- Resource group scoping for Azure PowerShell cmdlets, when within the context of a resource group path in the Azure drive (Azure:).
- Context-sensitive command list using Get-AzureRmCommand. It only lists commands that are applicable to items under the path in Azure drive (Azure:).
- Rich PowerShell script editing using VIM, which provides built-in syntax highlighting and IntelliSense for PowerShell files.
- An extensible model for adding new commands (via modules and scripts) from the PowerShell Gallery, which automatically persisted across your Cloud Shell sessions.
- Enables interactions with VMs using PowerShell remoting to enable management of guest VMs.
Read the entire article here, Announcing the public preview of PowerShell in Azure Cloud Shell | Blog
Via the fine folks at Microsoft.