Microsoft Active Directory Documentation Script Update Version 2.0!!
Just over two years ago, I released V1.0 of the Active Directory (AD) documentation script. That script was written to help me document the multiple AD environments for a customer. That customer allowed me to reach out to the community to test the script and add ideas of what should be documented. After the script was complete, that customer allowed me to release the script to the community. Now two years later, I have finally added HTML and Text output along with a lot of bug fixes and enhancement requests.
Back in July, for my employer Choice Solutions, I worked on a Greenfield AD project. I did not have access to a domain joined computer with Microsoft Word installed. I took that as the impetus to finally get around to adding HTML output. Two years ago I had a list of enhancements people asked for in the original script. I pulled out that list of enhancements, added almost all of them and added requests from several of the hard-working and dedicated testers. There were some script enhancement requests that became their own scripts, like the DHCP and DNS scripts, and Microsoft already has a PowerShell cmdlet to get reports for one or more Group Policies.
I believe I added all the enhancement requests submitted by the testers.
I want to thank the 55 testers who helped test this script and make it better for the community. We started on this script on 20-Jul-2016 and the last update went out on 21-Sep-2016. In those 64 days, 32 updates were released. Several testers, who reported specific bugs, were sent numerous private updates until they were satisfied the bugs they reported were fixed. In all, there were probably well over 75 updates to the script in 64 days. It felt like a lot more than 64 days passed in working on this script.
Read the entire article here, Microsoft Active Directory Documentation Script Update Version 2.0
via Carl Webster