up.time Software: Virtualization Management Podcast with Alex Bewley and Nick Johnson - June 21, 2010 - Episode 127
Posted on: Monday, June 21, 2010 3:46:00 AM, Running Time: 00:50:36
Listen the Show
About this Show
In Episode 127, Douglas Brown interviews Alex Bewley, Chief Technology Officer and Nick Johnson, Director of Marketing at up.time software. In this podcast Doug, Nick, and Alex will discuss the up.time solution for virtualization and physical systems management, how it works, what it takes to install, what’s new in the latest version, how and why a customer would benefit from it, why we should care, and much more.
What is up.time?
up.time is complete and cost-effective IT systems management software that provides highly scalable management, measurement, and monitoring from an easy-to-use console across environments (physical and virtual) platforms (VMware, Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP/UX, Novell), applications (Email, Web, CRM, ERP, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc), networks, and multiple datacenters.
up.time’s advanced VMware monitoring and reporting includes:
- Improve Visibility and Manageability: See all virtual and physical infrastructure (including applications) through role based dashboards. Minimize risk and downtime with one complete cross-platform solution.
- Enable Rapid Virtual Infrastructure Growth: Plan, consolidate, monitor, optimize, and automate the virtual infrastructure. Quickly see how to increase VM density to grow faster. Track and measure VM sprawl issues.
- Quickly Isolate Problems: Alerting, fast root-cause detection, and automated actions to stop outages from recurring in the future. Drill deep into advanced VMware metrics to optimize workloads for maximum density.
- Automatically Avoid Incidents Before They Occur: Easily automate actions to stop recurring and future outages with a deep integration with VMware’s vCenter Orchestrator.
- Immediate Cost Savings: with Per-Physical-Server Licensing and Quick deployment (in as little as one day)
About Alex Bewley Chief Technology Officer
Alex Bewley is a computer scientist with a B.Sc.H in Computer Science from Queen's University, and has over 12 years of professional experience in the computer industry in a variety of roles and disciplines. He brings an uncanny ability to understand and speak in both deeply technical and business terms, bridging the chasm between business needs and technology. Before uptime, Alex spent time with Sun Microsystems. Since 2000, when he co-founded uptime software, he has been instrumental in the development of their up.time™ software product.
About Nick Johnson, Director of Marketing
Nick Johnson joined uptime software in 2006 and has been in charge of growing the marketing presence of uptime during the past three years. Before joining uptime software, Nick spent 6 years with Microsoft in various roles. His roles there included running enterprise marketing for Canada West, as well as roles in Customer Loyalty and Experience, Public Relations, and Community Affairs. Nick also co-founded the Microsoft charity hockey team, which (during three years) raised over $100,000 for The Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and Ability Online. Nick holds an B.A in Economics from the University of Western Ontario, as well as a Post-Graduate in Public Relations and Communications.
Post a Comment
Sign-in using your DABCC.com account
Sign-in using your OpenID account