Majority of Users Trust Inherent Security of Mobile Operating Systems – Germans More Skeptical than British
Cortado Mobile Solutions asked business users and IT managers in the UK and Germany about views on mobile work
Cortado Mobile Solutions, provider of the enterprise mobility solution Cortado Corporate Server, this July surveyed 215 business users and IT managers in Germany and the UK about their experiences with mobile work. The results show varying levels of confidence in mobile operating systems, cultural differences between the countries and the increasing demands placed on enterprise mobility.
- All users were of the opinion that Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are the most advanced operating systems.
- More than half of the users (52 percent) place more trust in the operating system they usethan a security solution of a third-party provider.
- Android and iOS users (around 60 percent) believe their respective operating system is significantly more technically mature than Windows Phone users (32 percent).
- None of the respondents believe BlackBerry is a leading operating system.
- In the UK, Android users are more impressed by Android than Apple users are by iOS; InGermany Apple users are more impressed by iOS than Android users are by Android.
- In Germany (41 percent), the level of trust placed in the security of the operating system is lower than in the UK (61 percent).
In relation to security, significantly more users generally swear by the iOS operating system than the Android operating system.
The demands placed on an enterprise mobility solution have increased:
Access to the internal file server is the top productivity function for 65.6 percent of the respondents
Printing, a function not many immediately think of, is still considered an important feature by one in three respondents.
The complete research note with the detailed results and graphics can be downloaded for free at https://corporateserver.cortado.com/study-working-mobile.
Cortado Mobile Solutions
Cortado Mobile Solutions GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cortado Holding AG, and is responsible for all operations relating to the enterprise mobility solution Cortado Corporate Server. The unique enterprise mobility solution offers the perfect balance between security for the organization, easy manageability for the IT department and maximum flexibility for users.
The on-premises software includes all the tools required for successful enterprise mobility; mobile device management, mobile application management and mobile content management, and can be fully integrated into the Windows backend. IT administrators continue to work with their known systems, Active Directory groups and Windows privileges, and users can access network drives, SharePoint and intranet pages directly from their mobile devices.
Cortado Mobile Solutions follows the philosophy that working natively delivers the highest levels of user acceptance. So Cortado’senterprise mobility solution fully supports native app management and instead of focusing on separate storage when it comes to file sharing, enables a direct connection to the corporate network. The result is a significant increase in productivity for mobile employees, improved collaboration among teams as well as convenient management for the IT department. Cortado’s enterprise mobility solution is developed and tested at its headquarters in Berlin, Germany. Also experts in offices in the United States, UK, Australia, Japan, and Brazil, highly-qualified consultants at our Berlin location as well as a trained, worldwide network of channel partners provide presence and support to localcustomers throughout the world.