Login Consultants Release VSI 2.1 for Download
Login Consultants releases the brand new and free VSI 2.1, a specifically designed benchmark for SBC and VDI environments. VSI loads the system with simulated user workload, and focuses on how much users can run on the system before it saturates. VSI is 100% platform and protocol independent, and VSI configuration is simplified and automated where possible. As a result, VSI is a turn-key benchmark solution: perform tests within days instead of weeks. No need to create the workloads first. VSI is intended to be used by VDI/SBC engineers/admins, a degree in testing methodologies is not required.
VSI 2.1 introduces new workloads, and an improved indexing method: VSImax. Overall, VSI 2.1 will be a much smoother experience in comparison to earlier versions, many best practices and lessons learned from project VRC are now included in this release. The free version is called “VSI 2.1 Express”, the advanced version is “VSI 2.1 PRO”.
Changes in VSI 2.1
- Updated VSImax 2.0 to 2.1 to improve accuracy (e.g. VSImax is reached when CPU is around 100%)
- Switch from launching calc.exe to notepad.exe in response time measurement (calc.exe footprint is much bigger in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2)
- New VSI PRO workload “MediumNoFlash” which disables the CPU intensive Flash app used in Internet Explorer
- VSI.exe is now running native 64-bit instead of x86 when running on x64 Windows, still 32-bit IE is launched because of flash support
- Citrix XenApp 6 support
- Custom scripts added to the VSI PRO workload can use VSI settings through environment variables
- It is now possible to specify a custom interval for session intervals
- New VSI customization framework with image detection (VSI Foundation only)
- VSI does not generate an event when the workload is finished before logoff
- AD Setup now generates a GPMC missing warning when running on Windows 2003×64
- AD Setup now requires Admin right to prevent UAC errors
- Slave Launchers can be started before the Master launcher
- When launchers are finished, active session cleanup is performed only after choosing OK.
- Launcher now fully supports x64 Windows
- The CSV used with the custom command line CSV now supports a comma (,) and (;)
- Launcher installation now work on other partitions than the systemdrive
- Added the ability to specify a custom (language dependant/older versions) adobe windows title (PRO feature)